Spirit Virtual Sessions
Spirit Confirmation Session - November 4, 2020
Please complete this lesson by Monday, November 16, 2020 by end of day. All videos and activities can be completed on-demand. If you have any questions please email, [email protected].
Opening Prayer: You are the Almighty One, Creator of Heaven and earth. I give you thanks and praise for your Son, Jesus Christ whom you sent to save us. I ask for your Holy Spirit to be with me as I prepare for Confirmation. I pray that the SPirit will teach me the things I need to know, not just abot Confirmation but about your love for me and all of the world. Help me to reject evil and to always rely on your goodness. I ask this thorugh Christ our Lord. Amen.
1. Play Video: What is a Creed? https://youtu.be/uLzQucSAeFo
Did you know there are 3 creeds? (Athanasian, Apostle’s, and Nicene)
2. Unscramble the Creed
Inside of your mailed yellow envelope you will find a lime green packet. You will need scissors to complete this next tasks. The idea is to cut each line of the Nicene Creed into a bunch of little strips. Then you will scramble them up and do your best to reassemble them into the correct order. The neon pink paper will serve as your key. Please do not use this.
Watch this video for cutting instructions- https://youtu.be/xP2nAUxqwaA
After you finish, reflect on how difficult this task was for you to complete. Was your performance a surprise? Was it harder than you thought? What parts of the creed did you struggle with?
3. Play Robot Video https://youtu.be/0YNeTwWU1RE
Answer the following questions in this Google Form: https://forms.gle/dQq5out5Vy45WaMj9
4. Seven Tough Words
There are 7 Tough Terms in the Creed that I wanted to highlight (Visible & Invisible, Begotten, Consubstantial, Incarnate, Accordance, Ascended, and Proceeds)
Please refer to any one of your paper copies of theNicene Creed that were included in your mailed yellow envelope. Follow the link to a Google Form to submit your best attempt at an informal definition of each of the words. https://forms.gle/MyqtxncVWRL8iw2SA
5. Gift of the Holy Spirit - Understanding helps us to recognize how God wants us to live.
Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kkL8pi1rwc
6. Spotlight on Saints - This month's featured saint is St. Athanasius because we are studying the creeds! Here is a short video on his life: https://youtu.be/xsiOJxynVc4
7. Service Challenge: Tell someone in your life that doesn’t know you are Catholic “Did you know that I am Catholic?” and this is what we believe in. Don't recite the Nicene Creed word for word but try to explain it in your own words.
3. Home Assignment =Read Chapter 3 in your Anointed in the Spirit Book ( Yes, we skipped Chapter 2 because I am hoping to cover it in person next month!)
Closing Prayer: Almighty One, Creator of Heaven and earth, I give you thanks and praise for your Son, Jesus Christ, whom you sent to save us. I ask for your Holy Spirt to be with me as I prepare for Confirmation. I pray that the Spirit will teach me things I need to know, not just about Confirmation but about your love for me and all the world. Help me to reject the Evil One and to always rely on your goodness. I ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.